Author Topic: Trophies  (Read 2551 times)

Travis7s

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
Trophies
« on: April 16, 2015, 11:35:44 pm »
One of the things we aren't very good at is having trophies for events, so I'm trying to build some!

So far I have the toppers, which are cheap toy bugs I got off Amazon and am painting accordingly:

I have 72 of the ants and 24 beetles so thats enough for lots of events

I also got these cool laser cut metal ones for Spectrum as I think thats a higher tier event. It took my like 3 hours to assemble them.

The stands I need to work on but they can be junk metal/bolts/sawblades and will vary from event to event to be unique. Does anyone know where you can buy super cheap saw blades?

I'm also hoping I can find somebody local with laser to engrave little plaques to mount on them..... hint hint...

ACME

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
Re: Trophies
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 01:46:00 am »
Those look awesome! I don't think the laser on campus can engrave metal, but if we made wooden bases I could laser that.

thesaxmachine

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 11:09:40 am »
I can has laser to engrave

thesaxmachine

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 11:17:15 am »
I can also try to source some cheap blades for you.  How many do you need?

Travis7s

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 02:32:09 pm »
For the plaques I was envisioning something like a 3"x 2" acrylic piece (or whatever is cheapest/easiest) that will have:

"Kilobots XXX
1st place
Beetleweights"

and then the logo or something like that.

Sawblades I want lots of but ideally something closer to 4-5" diameter. I'm heading to bianca amor's after work to see if they have anything.

FingerTech

• Administrator
  • Roboteer
    • View Profile
    • FingerTech Robotics Ltd
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 02:52:38 pm »
I think I got blades from Canadian Tire for like $7 each.  Or maybe it was $3 each...  But they were 6 or 7".  Used them (engraved) in the first Kilobots trophies.
Kurtis Wanner
FingerTech Robotics