Author Topic: Event Results Submission Guide  (Read 4787 times)

MikeNCR

• Near Chaos Robotics
  • Global Moderator
  • Roboteer
    • View Profile
    • nearchaos.net
Event Results Submission Guide
« on: February 05, 2015, 12:32:54 pm »
This is the standard format for Botrank text file submissions.

Please note that forfeits are NOT included in rankings. If you are preparing event results do not include forfeits.

Event Name Text
YYYY-MM-DD
W,winner,loser
W,winner,loser
W,winner,loser
W,winner,loser
W,winner,loser
W,winner,loser
W,winner,loser
W,winner,loser

W=weight class (0,1,1kg,3,6,12,15,30,30s,60,120,220,340,390) 0 means 150grams 30s means 30 sportsman class. Alternatively we can also take this in an excel with the cols: WC,winner,loser

I have attached an example document showing the format in use.

Create a new thread for each event you wish to submit results for and post the results in the first post of the thread. These threads will be left open to allow for updates or corrections. Once the ranking system is fully implemented the period for open comment will be approximately one week.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 05:12:00 pm by MikeNCR »

MikeNCR

• Near Chaos Robotics
  • Global Moderator
  • Roboteer
    • View Profile
    • nearchaos.net
Re: Event Results Submission Guide
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 08:59:45 pm »
The SPARC mirror of Botrank is live: http://sparc.tools/BotRank/index.php

DougDB

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 03:08:25 pm »
Hi,
I'm wondering if submitting event results from years past will become too time-consuming for whomever now deals with it? Should there be a cut-off date (year)? Also wondering if you have any suggestions- our org (WAR) stopped compiling event results in botrank format because Botrank wasn't processing them. Consequently we have several events that only captured top 3 places in each class. No comprehensive record of every bout. As I see it- I can either try to painstakingly review video and written records we have to capture each bout result, or just punt on that whole event(s). Any other options?

Doug Brown
Team DinoBots
Western Allied Robotics

MikeNCR

• Near Chaos Robotics
  • Global Moderator
  • Roboteer
    • View Profile
    • nearchaos.net
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 03:19:20 pm »
Hi,
I'm wondering if submitting event results from years past will become too time-consuming for whomever now deals with it? Should there be a cut-off date (year)? Also wondering if you have any suggestions- our org (WAR) stopped compiling event results in botrank format because Botrank wasn't processing them. Consequently we have several events that only captured top 3 places in each class. No comprehensive record of every bout. As I see it- I can either try to painstakingly review video and written records we have to capture each bout result, or just punt on that whole event(s). Any other options?

Doug Brown
Team DinoBots
Western Allied Robotics

The process for adding in old events isn't too bad at this point. A new tool has been created to convert the format specified in the first post into something the database can deal with so adding older events mostly just requires database recalculations once a new wave of events have been added. If the events are lost, they're lost, but anything we can get back and recorded is great.

DougDB

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 02:49:58 pm »
What's up with the Botrank page?

Doug Brown
Team DinoBots

Headbanger142

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 03:02:35 pm »
"Job Ended, we don't know why. Not good. Sorry."

Maybe the server had a meltdown?
TEAM HEADBANGERS
Current Active Bots:
Mondo Bizarro (47-13)
Revy (6-5)

Motorama 2013 champion, Pennbots 2013 & 2014 champion, PA Bot Blast 2013, 2014 & 2015 Champion, Robogames 2015 Beetle Rumble Winner and MASS Destruction 2015 Champion

MikeNCR

• Near Chaos Robotics
  • Global Moderator
  • Roboteer
    • View Profile
    • nearchaos.net
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 06:04:41 pm »
Checking on things.

MikeNCR

• Near Chaos Robotics
  • Global Moderator
  • Roboteer
    • View Profile
    • nearchaos.net
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 06:38:33 pm »
Back up.

DougDB

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 03:54:32 pm »
I had asked some time ago about submitting old event results. You answered, but could you clarify a bit? My understanding from the previous botrank admin was that the event submittal had to follow the format and had to be a complete fight-by-fight list or the ranking tool wouldn't work correctly. Is this still the case? In other words- if I take the results from a past event where only the final places are listed- will that work? Examples only-

1,AntMonkey
3,Beetlekiller
12,DirtyDozen

Doug Brown
Western Allied Robotics

MikeNCR

• Near Chaos Robotics
  • Global Moderator
  • Roboteer
    • View Profile
    • nearchaos.net
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 04:45:58 pm »
I had asked some time ago about submitting old event results. You answered, but could you clarify a bit? My understanding from the previous botrank admin was that the event submittal had to follow the format and had to be a complete fight-by-fight list or the ranking tool wouldn't work correctly. Is this still the case? In other words- if I take the results from a past event where only the final places are listed- will that work? Examples only-

1,AntMonkey
3,Beetlekiller
12,DirtyDozen

Doug Brown
Western Allied Robotics

That wouldn't work, as the scoring is based upon both the winner and loser.