Author Topic: Team Thrasher / Sunny Robotics  (Read 6152 times)

zacodonnell

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
Re: Team Thrasher / Sunny Robotics
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2020, 09:40:09 pm »
I know hardly anybody hangs out on these forums anymore, and that robot fighting in the public arena space has taken a pretty big hit with COVID, but it's posts like this that inspire me to get back to work on the crazy ideas I've been kicking around for a while.   I enjoyed your video, and watching you struggle to force the titanium into the shape you wanted brought back memories of similar woes I had with the .050 stuff I was using on Threecoil at one point. What a pain to work with...

Where are you planning to fight with this full combat 12? The drive that an event deadline provides is required for most people to go through the effort you are describing, but it seems like public events will be on hold for a while. A box that holds that monster isn't readily available for most.

-Zac

rumham

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
    • SunnyRobotics FB
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2020, 11:35:58 am »
Hi Zac! This robot is currently registered for "November Necrosis" https://www.robotcombatevents.com/events/538
I started to build this robot out of pure lock down boredom with no set event in mind.
I plan on taking this bot to Seattle, Robot Ruckus and Moto.
Its possible some event EOs could grant this bot a 100 percent walker bonus but its being designed for a strict 50 percent bonus for safety and ease of registration.
The weapon assembly weights 5.5lb but it spins at a modest 105 MPH. Gyro walkers lose mobility and bite at high weapon speeds so slower is better.
The weapon motor is rated for 10s but its only running at 4s to keep temptations at bay.

--Luke
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 11:40:00 am by rumham »
https://www.facebook.com/SunnyRobotics/

Mitten Mittens - 18lb gyro walker
Rickety Cricket - 4.5-6lb gyro walker
RumHam XXX - 30lb Undercutter
RumHam XL - 3lb Undercutter
Bird Law - 1lb Clamp bot
Undisputed Champion - 30lb flamethrower

rcjunky

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
    • Canadian Carnage Robotics
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2020, 10:19:15 pm »
so what you're saying is you can add more s's as out figure out how to make it move more gooder :P
Andrew Burghgraef
Canadian Carnage Robotics

zacodonnell

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2020, 08:07:59 pm »
This thread/video and some of Pete's work have got me excited again. I'm poking at some ideas for a sportsman concept I've been kicking around for a few years. I don't have the facilities to do much building right now but I am really enjoying the design work. Once I have it far enough along to decide if there is any chance of it actually working I'll post some of the thoughts and hopefully build reports here.

Thanks for the inspiration, and keep it up!

-Zac