Author Topic: Revelation Robotics  (Read 107316 times)

RevRobots

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
Re: Revelation Robotics
« Reply #300 on: October 13, 2016, 03:41:55 pm »
Hey,

After Franklin, I wanted to build a more reliable spinner. So I got on Autodesk Inventor and played around with a few disk designs and this is what I came up with:

The robot design is going to be similar to Bombshell with it's disk attachment. After seeing how well it preformed against drum spinners, I thought it could be translated to the ant/beetle (I’m hoping ant) weight class very well.

Adam

Revelation Robotics
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 08:01:12 am by RevRobots »

Koolaid64

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 14, 2016, 07:53:41 pm »
Just make sure you put large radii on all your inside corners. This will make it last much longer.

-Kyle

RevRobots

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 11, 2016, 08:07:31 am »
OK, let's back up a bit, at the beginning of the week, I was working on Cornerstone's wedge. But now, it's all messed up and wouldn't get under Don't Ask. So now, here I am with a non-functional Cornerstone. What's one to do? Build another one of course!

Behold the BEHEMOTH!

Yeah I know it's kind of a rip-off, but I was already out of ideas. But what do you guys think?

Adam
Revelation Robotics

Beaverbotics2

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 11, 2016, 11:33:14 am »
Last minute Robots FTW!

Looks good. Pretty simple, yet easy to maintain.

PS-Did you use a heat gun to bend the lexan or just by hand?

RevRobots

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 12, 2016, 06:07:45 pm »
I bent it by using a huge vice that my dad got for me.

Adam
Revelation Robotics

RevRobots

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 12, 2016, 08:41:14 pm »
Alright, event report. This was a really fun event, super chill and a lot of great people, would definitely recommend this event to anybody that wants to come. It also just had a very good turnout  Now on to bots!

Millstone 2-1:

Millstone didn't quite live up to my expectations, the treads didn't really get much grip. First up was Little Tin Can, a mauler style spinner. After a few hits, LTC was upside-down and couldn't self-right. Then was Bar Buster, Right off the bat I drove him right to the pit, but I drove into the pit, dummy. Next I faced Baby B, after a classic ole move, he ended up in the pit. I ended up getting 2nd place, I will talk about what need's to be done at the end of this post.

Scythe (wedge version) 1-2:

Within 24 hrs. of the event I put a Ti. wedge on Scythe for Joe. It's first fight was against Discharge, Joe drove around a little bit before they stalemated and Discharge pushed him into the pit. His second fight was against Plump, or who I like to call, the lifting screwdriver of DOOM! Yeah, that's all it was. Scythe and Plump pushed each other around for a little bit with Scythe coming out on top. Next, Joe faced me and Justice, I will have a separate section at the end for when RevRobots faced each other.

Justice 4-2:

Holy cow, Justice was actually reliable! After Franklin, I noticed that some stuff was rubbing against the brushless, causing starting issues. But I cleared that up before this event. I am also using the new Blade hub. Justice's First fight was against Commander Doom, A viper lifter driven by a very skilled young man. I got a few nice shots in before one massive hit sent C.D. into the pit. Up next was Spare Parts 2, it was kind of like last time I faced him: Hit, get clamped, pit. So, yeah. Next, was Scythe and I will talk about it later. Then was Verbal Irony, a wedged vertical spinner, The was by far the fight of the day for Justice. I got under V.I. wedge the whole fight, within the 30 second mark, I pinned and took off both wheels. The Next fight was against Lil Flipsy, a Ti. clad lifter. After a couple hits, I drove him close to the pit and he tried to get me to drive into the pit, I stopped just in time, and finished him off. Next, was Behemoth, and I will also talk about this later. Justice for once was AWESOME to drive, and I look forward to the next competition that he attends

Behemoth 6-2:

My oh my, Behemoth preformed great. It easily the lowest wedge in the competition. My first fight was against Plump, after a little bit I pushed him into the pit. Next was Spare Parts 2, I pushed him, he pushed me, then I pushed him near the pit, be before he fell in, I fell in giving the match to Spare Parts 2. Then I fought Commander Doom again. His lifter was not on the ground giving me the advantage, I eventually pitted him. Behemoth's next fight was against Crocbot, who is another lifter. He also could get his lifter flush to the ground, Giving another easy win for Behemoth. After that I faced Weed Whacker, this bot had trouble with it's belt falling off all day, and it fell of again now. A few complications later, and another win goes to Behemoth. Next, I won against Spare Parts 2, Yea! Then, I fought Justice which I will cover later. In the losers final I faced Recharge I was able to get under him easily, but good driving made it difficult to capitalize on it. Eventually, I was able to get Recharge into the pit. Now I'm in the finals against Discharge, who hasn't lost a fight all day. In the first fight, I was able to get under him and drive him into the pit. Round 2. Sadly, the next fight He got under me and did the same thing.

Man, that was longer then I though it would be. The final results for Revelation Robotics was: Millstone 2nd, Justice 4th, and Behemoth 2nd. On a side note, this is the third time in a row that I have gotten second place at this event, darn. I won a sweet new brushless that I will probably use in the Bombshell style vertical spinner. I will also be posting bot rank results. All in all another great day of robot fighting.

Adam
Revelation Robotics

Infernaltank

• Roboteer
  • Mutually Assured Destruction
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 13, 2016, 01:09:52 pm »
I think I mentioned this to you at Franklin, but you got some praise on the Australian combat robotics forum.

http://robowars.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2163

RevRobots

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 11, 2017, 02:36:09 pm »
Since everyone seems to be doing sportsman reports, I may as well through my hat into the ring.

This is the P.O.P. that is Primus:
Primus is Latin for first, I thought it appropriate since this is my first sport. The top is going to be steel, the hammer motor is an EV warrior, and the sprockets are going to be from an old bike.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Adam
Revelation Robotics

zacodonnell

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 15, 2017, 09:56:40 pm »
How big is Primus? If that's an EV Warrior at the bottom then it must be HUGE. Air can make decent armor if you can ensure that there's always a little of it between your guts and the other bot's weapon...

-Zac

RevRobots

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 07, 2017, 04:31:27 pm »
@Zac

Primus is about 30" x 14 1/2" x 12"

RevRobots

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 07, 2017, 04:37:48 pm »
Hey guys,

It's been while since I've posted on here.

Recently, I put a new wedge on Cornerstone. The wedge is steel painted black from a prior use.

Another thing, I just mounted the motor in Primus. Progress!

Adam
Revelation Robotics

zacodonnell

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 07, 2017, 06:09:43 pm »
Have you done a weight check on Primus? That's a big robot!

-Zac

RevRobots

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 15, 2017, 02:38:09 pm »
Hey guys, I need some help. Can I use a Fingertech switch for one of these batteries? https://hobbyking.com/en_us/rhino-2250mah-3s-11-1v-25c-lipoly-pack.html.

I know I haven't been updating this thread, but you guys will get the full scoop this weekend. But suffice it to say I may need some help tweaking Primus.

Adam
Revelation Robotics

TeamAstroBot

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
    • Team AstroBot
« Reply #313 on: February 15, 2017, 02:42:12 pm »
I would imagine it would depend more on the amount of current you are pulling through it.

http://www.fingertechrobotics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ft-mini-switch

Current Ratings (using 16-gauge wire):
Rated Current: 40A
Burst: 100A for 10 seconds

zacodonnell

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 15, 2017, 07:04:00 pm »
Like he said, the limiting factor is how much current you're pulling through it. You might be better off setting up a removable link (basically a plug that bridges the connection between two points on the same wire). 

If you're running an EV warrior for the hammer it is going to draw quite a bit of current at the end of the stroke. I would say you can expect more than 50A from it even at 11v.  The fingertech switch might be able to do it but with the drive current involved too and no automatic control over the hammer limits I wouldn't trust it. I can probably help you set up a link on Friday if you need it.

-Zac