Author Topic: Revelation Robotics  (Read 101490 times)

RevRobots

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
Re: Revelation Robotics
« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2015, 02:37:55 pm »
I'm sorry Lucas I forgot to add that the bar is spinning at about the same speed as a servo motor.

Adam
Revelation Robotics

Lucas Grell

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 31, 2015, 05:45:56 pm »
Do you have another speed controller to try?

zacodonnell

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2015, 06:38:42 pm »
It may be a loose connection like Lucas said but usually I find it is a bad solder joint. Did you happen to clip the motor leads off and try to re-solder connectors in this bot? It might only manifest with the new bar on if the new bar causes more current draw than the old one did.  Is the new bar significantly heavier, longer, or with more weight at the ends?

You've tested that the motor works fine with no bar attached, and doesn't do anything with the new bar. Does it still spin the old bar ok?  Might be something else changed between the last use and now that you don't remember... worth a check.

-Zac

Lucas Grell

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 31, 2015, 08:42:51 pm »
To clarify I consider that a loose connection. Bad connection might have been a better way to put it :)

RevRobots

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2015, 12:09:04 pm »
https://vimeo.com/138214077

I got Justice working! My Dad suggested that I try a 3s battery, and it worked. It is very terrifying.

Adam
Revelation Robotics
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 12:31:32 pm by RevRobots »

Badnik96

• Roboteer
  • Team Ignition
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 03, 2015, 12:34:04 pm »
Says your video isn't found.

Have you fixed the weapon throwing problem yet? If it didn't have that Justice would be a real threat.

Good luck this weekend.
TEAM IGNITION
Sparkplug
FireArrow
Nitro Hornet
Spinjitsu
Salamandra

MDBuswell

• Roboteer
  • Damned by Design
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2015, 01:05:35 pm »
Video seemed to work fine for me. Looks good, though you can almost make it a walker with how much it was moving with that blade spinning!
Featherweight in progress - Gallowglass - Team Damned by Design
Antweight - AmbiSinister - Team Damned by Design

RevRobots

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2015, 01:43:24 pm »
@Dylan,

Vimeo takes about 30 min. to upload a video. You probably looked at it when it was still loading. By weapon throwing, do you mean the bar coming off? If so I changed it so that it spins the other way now.

@Mirechath

Yeah, when it moved the most was when I turned the radio off to test the failsafe.

Thanks guys!

Adam
Revelation Robotics

RevRobots

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 07, 2015, 09:48:14 am »
Hi Guys,

Barn Battles was a Blast, a huge thanks to Kyle for putting it on.

Here's the lowdown

Bulwark went 2-3, Winning against: Spinzilla, and Brisinger. And losing to: Cornerstone, Justice, and Arrow. The Chassis held up beautifully against Brisingr. He ended up tying for 3rd.

Arrow went 2-3, Winning against: Spinzilla, and Bulwark. And losing to: Cornerstone, Justice, and Brisingr. Arrow did very nicely as a thwack bot, keeping the other robots at bay. He ended up tying for 3rd.

Justice went 4-1, Winning against: Brisinger, Bulwark, Spinzilla, and Arrow. And Losing to Cornerstone. This was not Justice's best performance. The spinner was elusive the whole event, And the threads that held the Brushless on, finally just gave out. Eventually my Dad and I are going to build a new version that has the weapon driven by a belt and pulleys. It still got second though!

Cornerstone went 5-0, Winning against: Justice, Brisinger, Bulwark, Spinzilla, and Arrow. Cornerstone gets First Place! I wasn't without some damage. At some point I'll take the Titanium wedge off and hammer out until it is (semi) flat.

Again thanks to Kyle again for the awesome event.

Adam
Revelation Robotics

Green machines

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2015, 10:14:17 am »
Congratulations! Hope to see you at Franklin.

RevRobots

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 08, 2015, 01:08:30 pm »
Hello Fellow Evil Geniuses,

My dad has sent me on a quest to make my robots better. So what do you guys use to mount silver sparks? As of right now, I use the FingerTech bering blocks with the 2-56 Button Head Screws. What would you guys suggest to replace/make this better?

Adam
Revelation Robotics

Kaldonis

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2015, 03:35:08 pm »
My dad has sent me on a quest to make my robots better. So what do you guys use to mount silver sparks? As of right now, I use the FingerTech bering blocks with the 2-56 Button Head Screws. What would you guys suggest to replace/make this better?

Are there any particular issues you're having with the FT bearing blocks? I've always found them to be pretty solid.

RevRobots

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 08, 2015, 04:30:18 pm »
Are there any particular issues you're having with the FT bearing blocks? I've always found them to be pretty solid.

The screws loosen after a fight or two, we're trying to find out a way to prevent that.

Adam
Revelation Robotics

Lucas Grell

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 08, 2015, 08:06:27 pm »
Are you using loctite?

RevRobots

• Roboteer
    • View Profile