June 27, 2017, 04:52:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: All Black Robotics  (Read 5846 times)

Ravi_B

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
Re: All Black Robotics
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2016, 11:26:56 am »
Rewired the 12lber over the long weekend. Less of a rats nest, had the chance to spin up with a full battery. The motor drew too many amps and the ESC cut out when trying to 0-100% right off the bat. Had a higher amp ESC I installed which seemed to have solved the problem.

In future I want to drop in a higher KV motor and implement the single tooth blade.

Taking the bot to the spray paint booth tonight and packing up for the weekend. Sadly we'll be leaving on Sunday (Back to work Monday).

Now that the little bot is settled...back to other things.

zacodonnell

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2016, 12:41:30 pm »
It's a real shame that we won't be able to hang out after the show on Sunday, but sometimes work sucks like that. Gotta pay for all those new speed controllers somehow!  Usually when I see the behavior you describe it is the low voltage cutoff on the controller as the battery dips instead of it detecting the high current and backing off. May be worth a double check on that other controller in case you need to use it as a backup.

-Zac

Ravi_B

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2016, 01:01:07 pm »
At first I thought it may have been a voltage thing, switched packs and had a similar issue. Will charge back up and see to it later today, work out the kinks.

Hate having to drive back Sunday night but, yeh thats how it is....
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:13:24 pm by Ravi_B »

Ravi_B

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2016, 01:33:44 pm »
So I figured out why the blades so out of balance. Isn't the blade, I forgot I grabbed an old busted up weapon shaft from you Zac when I bought the blade.

Entirely forgot the weapon shaft needed to be replaced, now its too late to spin up a new one...well I could maybe manage to turn something but bleh its fine ;)

zacodonnell

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2016, 02:21:23 pm »
Actually, I have the hardened billet 4130 weapon shaft that I used on Scurrie with the compatible blade still laying around. I didn't sell it because I think I'll use it again, but I can toss it in the tool box and you can use it this weekend.

-Zac

Ravi_B

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2016, 03:55:02 pm »
^ Lets do that, much obliged

zacodonnell

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2016, 07:54:17 pm »
It's on my list

Ravi_B

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2016, 07:37:52 pm »
Thought I posted this earlier.....

I won't be at Motorama this year. I'm ready, Placebo is ready however everyone but Jason and I had to cancel. That said Jason is still at home building. So Motorama isn't happening for me.

Here's a video of the thing spinning up!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0jyCCugy9aiRE9VWVZDdE9mS2s/view?usp=docslist_api

Pictures
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0jyCCugy9aiRE9VWVZDdE9mS2s/view?usp=docslist_api
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 11:55:00 am by Ravi_B »

zacodonnell

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2016, 09:53:12 pm »
Sorry to hear it. I have the hub. Maybe Franklin...

Zac

Ravi_B

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2016, 09:12:51 am »
Well the whole motorama thing came and went, didn't get to play unfortunately.

It was torture seeing all the pictures and video over the weekend, looked like there were some deadly bots making the rounds this year.

Time to focus on another project, a big one.