September 20, 2017, 10:27:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Team Anarchy Robotics  (Read 3079 times)

anarchydude

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
Re: Team Anarchy Robotics
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2017, 10:31:24 pm »
Typically esc's need to be calibrated. If there isn't a process, start by reversing the channels the esc's are plugged in to. You also only need the red wire unplugged, leave the black wire in on the second esc. Is there any lights on the receiver or can you confirm voltage over the positive and negative pins on an open slot?

I was getting 5v from the BEC leads I had removed. I then tried that side in the Rx, no dice. Calibration on a Botbitz TZ85? I should at least get some type of wiggle if an ESC powers on, unless that is a common issue. I'll go test the leads on the RX itself in the morning just to double check every little possible issue point.

I've been running signal only on all but one ESC in a circuit for a long time. This removes any difference and quirks in voltage loops, and I have never seen any problems in my tenure of combat robots. I don't think the difference in keeping one wire out makes a difference in this case.

rcjunky

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2017, 12:41:16 am »
it appears theres no calibration sequence for them. Most esc's don't do anything unless they see neutral for a certain period of time (very short) to avoid it running once powered up. Have you confirmed your radio/receiver set up works correctly with a different esc or servo?
Andrew Burghgraef
Canadian Carnage Robotics

Great Hobbies- Canada's leading retailer of radio controlled models and related hobby supplies

anarchydude

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2017, 02:44:13 pm »
Looks like this issue with the BotBitz 85A ESCs is solely based on the radio I own.. It does not want to work with my PCM gear. Since the Ragebridges are OOS, and I really don't have much extra money to spend on another ESC solution without first selling these guys, I'm going to have to pull one of the 30s from the event so I can harvest an ESC to use. Anyone wanting to trade a pair of Botbitz 85A ESCs and a few bucks for a Ragebridge or a pair of 883s (whatever they are these days)?

Mega CC's wheels should be here later this week, and with that, the last parts left. Everything else is just tidying up the wiring. I was able to get a hold of a local mountain bike rider who's part of the clubs around here, and he has a few used tires he's going to toss, so I'll see what he has Thursday. A few self tapping wood screws and they'll be on in no time.

Wedding Gift will be extremely tight on weight. I had to sacrifice the vertical threaded rods to the upper weapon pod to shave some weight. After putting everything on the scale, it looks like I'll have around 5lbs for the lifter/smasher. I reached a roadblock this weekend with being sick, and although I could make a lifter/smasher on my own, it won't be pretty as I don't own a broach, so attaching the weapon to the shaft seems a little tough to accomplish (I admit I didn't think that part through too much!). The thought I had to attach the arms to the keyed shaft was to key the arms and double up the material at the shaft so that the keystock has some extra real estate to distribute the loads.

Even though I may not be able to fight this at Motorama (looking pretty grim), I'm going to push through and get what I can done. There's not an unreasonable amount left to do, but my focus turns back to running after Moto, and recouping my expenses.

• Make 1st stage shaft supports (1/2" Alu)
  • Assemble weapon pod on top of frame (HDPE, and lexan, perhaps a thin 1/16" Ti top to help protect from saws if able)
  • Drill holes for 2nd stage shaft, and mount (threaded inserts already done on 3/4" UHMW), center support is 1/2" Alu)
  • Finish CAD of Lifter/Smasher today, hope it's able to be cut and shipped in time so I can weld?
  • Wire the robot

Koolaid64

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2017, 03:13:43 pm »
I read to the pull one bot part of that and like hell you are. I have the a bunch of the 30a controllers which should work because you are using the 550s instead of the 775s. Plus I have a dx5 I carry as a spare. Plus I have some 883s and a rage.

-Kyle
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 03:17:30 pm by Koolaid64 »

rcjunky

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2017, 12:53:54 am »
I've got a dx6i you're free to use as well, just gotta be reminded to bring it and find a receiver that'll failsafe correctly, I know I've got at least one at the parents, just need a reminder to not forget :P I'll be in town Thursday night, at the venue friday morning
Andrew Burghgraef

Great Hobbies- Canada's leading retailer of radio controlled models and related hobby supplies

AmbientChaos

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2017, 07:02:25 am »
I'll be there on Friday morning, and I have a few spare 6ch receivers with proper failsafe that work with a dx6i that you could use.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:04:39 am by AmbientChaos »

zacodonnell

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2017, 06:16:57 pm »
I'll be there Friday and I have a spare Scorpion XXL and a pair of unused Talon ESCs that I can donate to the cause.

Seriously, finish the bot. We'll help you with the control mess.

-Zac

anarchydude

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2017, 12:06:23 pm »
Alright, I get the hint! (Thank you for all of you offering support!) Kyle has sent me a care package of ESCs that I'll hope to get before the snow hits tomorrow.

Other progress in the meantime..

Got a tracking number for Mega CC's wheels.. They'll be here Friday

My remaining battery packs that have not been made have been glued. Making them won't take long to do.

Drilled the mounting holes for the Dewut last night, will be face mounting the gearbox to the inner UHMW frame rail. Note, this is not going to be the primary mounting method. I'm going to cut the top plate tonight that will also have four holes for the Dewut to bolt to. The kicker will be where I can place the 1st/2nd stage gears in relation. The top plate will house both sets of batteries, while the base will host the speed controllers. I also found a scrap piece of 1/4" UHMW that can be used to cover the front for impact, yet keep the top part of the front open for the weapon to come down.

Attached image shows the CAD drawing I sent to Discount Steel. This should hopefully stay light enough, especially at 3/16 AR400. The reason I went with this design is that I know it won't be flush to the ground, and the arms will fit between the inner and outer UHMW rails. What remains to be seen is if I can get the arms to go 180 degrees once in place. What's missing in the image is another pair of keyed discs to help the arms have extra meat for the keyway to use from the weapon shaft. I did take quick inspiration from Zac adding some aggressive spikes for his Sportsman. This can also be the part to jam up other weapons.

rcjunky

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2017, 10:59:11 pm »
be mindful ar400 will be oversized by like 30 thou, so like 0.210 wouldn't surprise me, so take that into account weight wise
Andrew Burghgraef

anarchydude

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2017, 09:49:03 pm »
More progress today. Got the tires in; one is attached to give you an idea. Very gracious and hardcore bike rider in the area had some tubeless tires he was ditching.

Got the front UHMW panel mounted, and also worked on the gear reduction system for the weapon on the sportsman. Running into some issues with how the holes lined up, but the jist of it is shown in the pictures attached. The 1st stage is doubly supported, but the big gear will hang off the side. Also... it's on Nylon. It's what I could find for now since I haven't been able to get over to my parent's house which has the mill. I'd ideally like to use aluminum and a recessed oilite bushing. I just have a feeling the nylon will.. crack. Oh yeah, and I didn't order enough chain apparently.. Short by about 3 links for the second stage chain. *palmface*

ESCs from Kyle are in, I'll get them wired up tomorrow morning since our school will be on a two hour delay.

Still waiting on a response from Discount Steel for the updated CAD files that have reduced weight.. Ugh, something tells me I'm paying overnight shipping for this now. Joy.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 09:50:56 pm by anarchydude »

anarchydude

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2017, 12:40:29 pm »
An update.. the steel weapon parts lead time puts it to Tuesday, and I'm not dropping $100 on overnight.. ugh so Friday welding at the arena will be the answer. Two more things to pack, hooray!

satacoy

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
    • Team Cosmos
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2017, 12:44:07 am »
Ah, the last minute panic and associated costs.  I don't miss that part of the sport.

Pete - Team Cosmos

anarchydude

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2017, 09:54:19 pm »
Ah, the last minute panic and associated costs.  I don't miss that part of the sport.

Pete - Team Cosmos

Yeah I'm quite over it too. I can see when things aren't going to quite pan out. It's one thing I learned over time.

The combat 30 as most of you have seen on Facebook is done. I just need to do some hot-gluing, taping, and some minor shock mounting, and re-route the master switch so it can be easily reached. It's been fun to drive, and I will see what I can do about weighing down the rear so I can get some more traction.

The sportsman is wired up, but I am not getting any action with the 883s and Ragebridge. The way the manual states it, the Ragebridge has a BEC. It's definitely not powering the receiver. I don't have a battery I can use, but I do have an old Team Delta BEC that's set for 24v. I did test that the receiver worked using the spare banebots esc that Kyle has lent me.

..and then there's the pink elephant in the room.. the sportsman tops the scale at 25lbs 7oz with the batteries, but no protection for them and the receiver. I need 4lbs at the minimum for the weapon arm. I may end up with one small pointy arm for weight reasons.. we'll see.

Time to solder the last sets of batteries together and finish folding laundry..

zacodonnell

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2017, 10:01:51 pm »
Can you use the banebots ESC as a battery eliminator? It'll be strange but should be effective. I have a BEC or two here that I'll bring along if you need to give kyle his part back.

-Zac

anarchydude

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2017, 10:10:21 pm »
Can you use the banebots ESC as a battery eliminator? It'll be strange but should be effective. I have a BEC or two here that I'll bring along if you need to give kyle his part back.

-Zac

I already ordered a BEC from Amazon that will be here Wednesday. I'd rather put the BEC on the drive voltage so I can at least drive if the weapon fails.