November 19, 2017, 08:54:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Team Anarchy Robotics  (Read 3360 times)

anarchydude

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
Re: Team Anarchy Robotics
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 10:31:03 pm »
Quick picture update to show how the lifter will be set up. Hope this gives everyone a better visual on what I'm trying to accomplish. I found in my scrap plastics bin a couple of thick UHMW blocks that will help to bolt the shafts into place with some oilites. Hoping that I can support the bigger 5/8" shaft in the center using the bolt holes from the Dewut alongside the ends of the top box.

satacoy

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
    • Team Cosmos
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 01:43:07 pm »
I see you are a disciple of the Al Kindle School of All Thread.   :)

Pete - Team Cosmos

daggius

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
    • bot videos
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2017, 01:03:11 pm »

Pretty cool way to build something.  Are the U-bolts designed to go across the threaded rods like that?

anarchydude

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 12:52:09 pm »

Pretty cool way to build something.  Are the U-bolts designed to go across the threaded rods like that?

Sure? ;) I literally found a U-Bolt that fits the diameter of the threaded rod. Time depending, I'll most likely grind a groove in the rod to help give the bolt more grip after I lay out everything.

anarchydude

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2017, 09:45:31 pm »
Alright, more progress made over the last few days. Mega CC should be wrapped up by the weekend. I ordered a carbide endmill to help widen the motor hole in the frame due to my crappy measurements. Wow, what a difference the proper tool makes!

Snug fit now for the power wheels assembly, and they are ready to go once I finish welding the frame. I also cut the top plate for the frame which is some leftover 1/2" lexan from who knows where in my collection of scraps. I figure I've got the weight to spare  8)

I got started on Wedding Gift's armor, and also cut down the threaded rod to size. Using some thin 6061 just to keep the dust out. I realized my shock mounts were for 1/4-20, but my threaded inserts for the UHMW are for 10-24, as the 1/4-20 size is too large for 1/2" UHMW. So.. no shock mounts! The thin 6061 I have will probably dent real easily upon contact, so the front armor on the drive pods will end up being lexan.

Trying to cram a lot more work in this week, so updates may be sparse until I can catch up.

zacodonnell

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2017, 10:21:24 pm »
I just had a "what a difference " moment with my band saw. I had trashed the blade cutting ti shafting down and it was walking all over on aluminum and even uhmw. I dropped a
New blade in and wow what a change. It slices through aluminum with about 30 thousandths tolerances in no time.

The right tool can be worth it if you're gonna use it even a couple of times.

Zac

Koolaid64

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 08:34:14 am »
Carbide is the way to go with tough metals. And that top plate looks so serious. did you get your wheels sorted out yet?

-Kyle

anarchydude

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 10:38:04 am »
Carbide is the way to go with tough metals. And that top plate looks so serious. did you get your wheels sorted out yet?

-Kyle

I got the wheels sorted out, had them machined from another builder in the Philly area, he's got them cut out, and he's truing the lumps out as it was a tight squeeze to get four wheels on a 36" sheet for him. I'm gonna ping my bike enthusiast friends from the running club and see if any of them have some old tires they haven't thrown out yet.

Badnik96

• Roboteer
  • Team Ignition
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2017, 12:44:00 pm »
those wheels look nice! i know a few builders over in the UK like using bike tread for featherweight wheels so it'll be interesting to see if they hold up over here
TEAM IGNITION
FireArrow (Antweight) 23-11
Nocturne (Beetleweight) 5-10 (Retired)
KnightShade (Beetleweight) 0-0
Landshark (Mantis) 1-2

Pennbots 2014 and Bot Blast 2014 antweight champion. Bot Blast 2013 Best Driver and antweight third place.

zacodonnell

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2017, 05:49:04 pm »
I've always wanted to try bike tread wheels in the moto box. With all the crap on the arena floor I bet they get way better traction than the typical colson / banebots setup.

-Zac

daggius

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
    • bot videos
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 07:29:39 pm »
I've always wanted to try bike tread wheels in the moto box. With all the crap on the arena floor I bet they get way better traction than the typical colson / banebots setup.

-Zac

What if you stick with the colson/banebots setup but you add a vacuum cleaner rig that cleans the floor up around your wheels.  Then your bot gets to go above the weight limit as the match goes on ;)

anarchydude

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2017, 11:16:20 pm »
Mega CC's frame is welded, and after some quick sanding, it's painted too. Nowhere near Soilent Green's fancy schmancy paint job, but I like :)

My welding wasn't the best in some spots, but I think it should hold up the abuse. I'm prepared just in case the welds don't hold.

rcjunky

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2017, 02:48:49 am »
a grinder and flat black paint makes everyone a pro welder :P
Andrew Burghgraef
Canadian Carnage Robotics

Great Hobbies- Canada's leading retailer of radio controlled models and related hobby supplies

anarchydude

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2017, 02:23:05 pm »
Been at home sick from work with a bout of stomach flu, so I've gotten to wire Mega CC up. I'm kinda perplexed.. I have everything wired up correctly with master switch, but after trying multiple receivers, multiple crystals, multiple transmitter modules (yes, I'm still rocking 75mhz), I can't seem to get the ESCs to work. I hear three blips as I power on the system, and that's it. I've made sure to remove the + and - leads from one of the ESC plugs to not mess up the BEC.

Anything that I may be missing?

rcjunky

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2017, 08:38:55 pm »
Typically esc's need to be calibrated. If there isn't a process, start by reversing the channels the esc's are plugged in to. You also only need the red wire unplugged, leave the black wire in on the second esc. Is there any lights on the receiver or can you confirm voltage over the positive and negative pins on an open slot?
Andrew Burghgraef
Canadian Carnage Robotics

Great Hobbies- Canada's leading retailer of radio controlled models and related hobby supplies