May 25, 2017, 02:45:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mixing on a 3-channel "gun" style transmitter  (Read 312 times)

tomchaps

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
Mixing on a 3-channel "gun" style transmitter
« on: November 15, 2016, 12:21:22 am »
I picked up a Spektrum DX3-C cheap, and just got the ground receiver and hooked it up to my 2WD antweight pushybot. But I'm having trouble with the mixing. For RC cars, channel 1 is throttle, channel 2 is a steering servo. I've mixed channel 2 to mirror channel 1, and can drive forward and backward, but "turning" is one wheel only. (So, it can't turn in one direction at full speed, etc.)

Has anyone used a throttle-and-wheel transmitter, and can advise?

AmbientChaos

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
Re: Mixing on a 3-channel "gun" style transmitter
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 07:01:30 am »
I don't have any experience with that type of transmitter, but if you can't do transmitter-side mixing you could think about doing receiver-side mixing.  A mixer like this should be able to take your throttle and turning channels and mix them to give you channels for the motors on either side of the bot.

Kexchers

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 04:38:04 pm »
I think something like FingerTechs Tinymixer is what you want. I used one for an R/C car project I was working on to mix two servos for steering and it worked perfectly after calibrating it.

rcjunky

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 07:48:47 pm »
You need to mix steering to throttle and throttle to steering at 100% on all values. you may need to play around with +100% or -100% depending how it responds. If it goes forwards and back correctly but turns the wrong way, change the 2 plugs on the receiver. I've done so but use a Futaba 4pksr so I can't comment if the dx3c has the needed functionality. Using a tinymixer is the easy option but more money, space and weight used.
Andrew Burghgraef
Canadian Carnage Robotics

Great Hobbies- Canada's leading retailer of radio controlled models and related hobby supplies