July 18, 2018, 12:43:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Off-the-shelf insect weight blades  (Read 730 times)

AmbientChaos

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
Off-the-shelf insect weight blades
« on: October 16, 2016, 01:08:23 am »
Since I don't have an enormous amount of CAD experience and I don't have a lot of tools to machine precision parts for a weapon, I have mostly focused on off-the-shelf options for weapon blades.  When it came to looking for off-the-shelf options for insect weight weapon blades I had been able to find a decent range of edger blades that would serve for a beetleweight weapon, but when it came to looking for blades for an antweight all I could find for the longest time were the chipper blades from FingerTech.  I recently discovered that the chipper blades from FingerTech are the type of blades that are found in dado blade sets for table saws, which now gives a new range of options for antweight blades that I hadn't seen before.  I just got a dado blade set that came with two chipper blades that are about 50g heavier and one that is 10g lighter than the FingerTech blades.  I just thought that since I didn't know about this type of blades before now, there could be a number of others that didn't know either, so I thought I would share my discovery here.

Northwest

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
Re: Off-the-shelf insect weight blades
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 01:41:54 am »
Can you recommend this content? Because I want to study and develop better.

tomchaps

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
Re: Off-the-shelf insect weight blades
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 07:01:06 pm »
That's exactly what we did in our last bot--which we ended up calling "Darth Dado". I picked up a dado set at a garage sale, and the Fingertech clamp hub worked great with it.

Now, the set screw turned out to be an issue, but the weapon blade was great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrPsQbDw8MI