Author Topic: Best Flamethrower Bot  (Read 3855 times)

18hvenhuizen

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
Best Flamethrower Bot
« on: July 21, 2016, 01:42:35 pm »
I am considering adding a flamethrower to the bot I am building, but I wanted to see some effective flamethrowers on other bots first. I've been told that flamethrowers are only good for show, so tell me; what bot has the most effective flamethrower? (Videos are great too)

Coboxite

• Roboteer
  • Made with real lemons
    • View Profile
Re: Best Flamethrower Bot
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 03:40:40 pm »
I am considering adding a flamethrower to the bot I am building, but I wanted to see some effective flamethrowers on other bots first. I've been told that flamethrowers are only good for show, so tell me; what bot has the most effective flamethrower? (Videos are great too)
Its kinda hard to find videos of effective flamethrowers when none exist. The most damage I've seen a flamethrower do was Complete Control Vs Bombshell, when CC melted a PWM cable in Bombshell, resulting in Bombshell having glitched control.

Because flame weapons are limited to gaseous fuel sources only(Propane and Butane), they're basically good only for crowd appeal. Not recommended unless you really want to get the crowd riled up.

daggius

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
    • bot videos
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 02:38:35 pm »
in the age of 3d printing flame has potential vs plastic insect weight bots!!  clamp onto them and melt it. 

Goodzikc

• Roboteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 12:06:26 am »
with the lower bot weights like beetle where they use foam wheels fire would be very effective

Coboxite

• Roboteer
  • Made with real lemons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 03:20:47 am »
with the lower bot weights like beetle where they use foam wheels fire would be very effective
The foam is vulcanized. Its fire retardant. Good luck setting it on fire without a concentrated source of flame.