I've decided to take the beginnings of the new bot, and use most of the same components for a new version of Angry Accountant.
The SparkFun competition gave me a few ideas for improvements on the basic design that should make her bomb proof. Plus, I was having a hell of a time getting all the wacky new ideas to fit into a 1 pound bot. I'll instead use some of those on a new bot to be built sometime in the future.
I've accumulated a decent pile of parts. It's been fun re-visiting McMaster, OnlineMetals, HobbyKing, etc.
I have a few weapon motors to do some testing with, along with various battery sizes. One thing I learned at the SparkFun competition is that I was using much too large of a battery at 610mAh. None of the weapon motors are too crazy, I'm more interested in resiliency rather than insane-o weapon.
Machining should start in earnest in a week or so. Can't hardly wait.
Pete - Team Cosmos