Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Progress Reports / Re: Team Brain Damage
« Last post by zacodonnell on February 18, 2019, 06:52:05 pm »
Back from moto and slowly recovering. It was a great event and I had a lot of fun as usual. Our arena upgrades drammatically improved the safety of the arena and caused few problems with the competition. The biggest impact was probably the featherweight Final in which BEAM ended up outside of the combat surface behind the floating panels. Next year we'll probably make them full sheets to prevent this, but it sure was a big hit that caused it.

My fights were fairly satisfying. Hyperpolarized peformed very well in the first three fights, but then hit some kind of issue that prevented it from spinning in the last two. It's a shame - the weapon is a force to be reckoned with when it works. I still don't know what happened but I'll figure it out when I get caught up on all the crap I pushed off to make this happen.

The videos are here:

Thanks to all those who pitched in to make this happen. The NERC crew really works hard to pull off an event this big, and many people put in long hours to put up and tear down the arena on either end too. There were even some extra volunteers to do pit running, scheduling, announcing, and judging. You guys rock.
Progress Reports / Re: Team Brain Damage
« Last post by zacodonnell on February 15, 2019, 10:17:24 pm »
Both are ready and thanks to a ton of work from a lot of people the arena is too. This is gonna be fun
Progress Reports / Re: Team haciM
« Last post by Team haciM on February 11, 2019, 12:54:00 pm »
So I couldn't find a servo slower, though I did not look at very many places. Due to the extreme cold the other week my bearings got lost in transit. Hopefully the new ones will show up today. I think I got the preload set up for my tapered roller hub. The bearings are heavier so I will be right at the limit for weight. I made an upper A frame out of 7075 to try and prevent some bending and bowing. I also made a set of taller wheels that I may use if the floor gets too beat up. Unfortunatly there is too much snow to do some test driving as I would like to dial in my controls a bit more instead of driving in lines in my basement. The wiring was changed to all xt90 connectors exept for the deans on the drive motors. This will greatly speed up weapon motor swaps if need be.
Progress Reports / Re: Team Brain Damage
« Last post by Koolaid64 on February 11, 2019, 09:03:20 am »
Hey Zac,

What weight, Dia, and rpm is the shell going to be? trying to put together a reference list of feathers

Progress Reports / Re: Team Brain Damage
« Last post by zacodonnell on February 11, 2019, 12:07:24 am »
I have no idea where Magneato stands. It will get whatever time I have leftover.. my focus is on the new bot.  Better to have one done than two not quite done

Progress Reports / Re: Team Brain Damage
« Last post by BranYoung on February 11, 2019, 12:02:54 am »
Any mods for Magneto or is time mainly for the new bot? I've really enjoyed watching the build grow up before Moto! The group on Facebook has been dominated recently by people finishing up their 30s and all I can say is that we are all in for a wild ride ;)
Progress Reports / Re: Team Brain Damage
« Last post by zacodonnell on February 10, 2019, 10:44:57 pm »
More progress this evening but no more spinups. I went on to a third implementation of the idler because the bearings cracked on the needle roller version with the aluminum ring. Now it's straight UHMW roller. At least if it jams it will just become a skid.

I also got a second roller hub finished up and made six spare roller tires. This way I can swap between fights in 2 minutes and then replace the tire on the second hub once the pressure is off. I doubt I'll need six fights worth, but I don't know. The top plates are installed too. I ended up cutting them from some random top plates I had in the 30 bin. They were probably from Tetanus, but I'm not sure. They were a perfect fit, just had to trim the point off and drill new holes. I'm happy with how they turned out.

Next up is making up a pair of spare drive motors and maybe replacing one of the skids that is worn down a bit from my bad bearing tests. At least I hope that's what did it. Oh, and theoretically I'll be reviving magneato.

Progress Reports / Re: Team Brain Damage
« Last post by Team haciM on February 10, 2019, 11:18:47 am »
That is flat out nasty!
Progress Reports / Re: Team Brain Damage
« Last post by zacodonnell on February 09, 2019, 10:05:14 pm »
It works. It's terrifying. I think it's louder than some helicopters.

I have more pictures and stuff, but for now, just this:

Event Results / Re: AVC 2018 (all weight classes)
« Last post by RFarrow on February 09, 2019, 02:59:18 pm »
Abrasive, the bot name is fixed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10