Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Koolaid64

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21
31
Progress Reports / Re: Team Anarchy Robotics
« on: February 14, 2017, 07:34:24 am »
you need to hole saw some side panels

-Kyle

32
Progress Reports / Re: Team Anarchy Robotics
« on: February 06, 2017, 03:13:43 pm »
I read to the pull one bot part of that and like hell you are. I have the a bunch of the 30a controllers which should work because you are using the 550s instead of the 775s. Plus I have a dx5 I carry as a spare. Plus I have some 883s and a rage.

-Kyle

33
Questions / Re: Needle Bearing Mounting?
« on: February 01, 2017, 05:04:20 pm »
what you need to do is called a press fit. make your hole about .002 undersized of the bearings dia. then use a arbor press to push it in.

-Kyle

34
Progress Reports / Re: Team Anarchy Robotics
« on: January 31, 2017, 08:34:14 am »
Carbide is the way to go with tough metals. And that top plate looks so serious. did you get your wheels sorted out yet?

-Kyle

35
Progress Reports / Re: Twisted Sick Robotics
« on: January 30, 2017, 07:30:59 am »
the 30 is still in

36
Progress Reports / Re: Twisted Sick Robotics
« on: January 29, 2017, 04:29:54 pm »
I pulled it from moto so i would have time to help out and run the show. So i haven't done any real building with it.

-Kyle

37
Progress Reports / Re: Team Tamper Resistant
« on: December 20, 2016, 08:24:04 am »
new design is looking good. for your drum teeth look into used planer knives. they already have the profile you desire. you would just need to anneal them, drill and countersink your holes, then re heat treat.

-Kyle

38
Progress Reports / Re: Team Brain Damage
« on: December 14, 2016, 08:56:45 pm »
frame looks very tidy as usual, I look forward to the rest of it.

39
Progress Reports / Re: Twisted Sick Robotics
« on: November 16, 2016, 09:38:57 pm »
Better late then never. Here are some finished shots of Dain, beetleweight hammer bot. It actually ended up hitting more legit then the mantis.
aside from some clearance issues which was my own fault it was great. I think it went 3-2 in the end of the day but who remembers. It survived a 30 and that's what matters. 




-Kyle

40
Progress Reports / Re: Team Whanton 2
« on: October 31, 2016, 09:26:22 pm »
why not the ever popular ar400/500? its pre-hardened and somewhat inexpensive.

41
Progress Reports / Re: Team Whanton 2
« on: October 30, 2016, 05:39:46 pm »
think you'll have it ready for moto?

42
Progress Reports / Re: Team Whanton 2
« on: October 29, 2016, 04:54:25 pm »
Well I'm using double 2L v belts but a single 2L or 3L would be plenty.

Also do you have some pictures of poncho? I would love to see it.

-Kyle

43
Progress Reports / Re: Team Ambient Chaos
« on: October 28, 2016, 07:30:24 am »
I would recommend staying away from stainless steels for combat robotic purposes. There is just no application that they suit well. I would suggest either s7 or some 4130 for the weapons. It will need to be hardened but you will get a lot more millage out of it.

-Kyle   

44
Progress Reports / Re: Twisted Sick Robotics
« on: October 26, 2016, 09:13:22 pm »
Well I have done a little bit more work and now I have a rolling chassis. Another day and I should have it all finished up.
I just need a name. It is a mini mingi im already in a pun corner.



-Kyle

45
Progress Reports / Re: Twisted Sick Robotics
« on: October 25, 2016, 04:06:52 pm »
So in non-moto prep related news I started working on one of the bots i'm going to take to massD. A mini Mingi. I using what is mostly the same hammer setup. belts and pulleys are the same but i'm going to drive in with the 16:1 brushless planetaries I use for my mantis drive train.



-Kyle

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21