Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Koolaid64

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21
1
Progress Reports / Re: Team Brain Damage
« on: February 11, 2019, 09:03:20 am »
Hey Zac,

What weight, Dia, and rpm is the shell going to be? trying to put together a reference list of feathers


-Kyle

2
Progress Reports / Re: Team haciM
« on: March 05, 2018, 09:09:28 am »
Hey Micah it was great to meet you at moto and its awesome to see the build report stuff you are putting up. It's an awesome bot and a reminder to why we all love the sport so much

-Kyle

3
Progress Reports / Re: Twisted Sick Robotics
« on: February 12, 2018, 07:44:46 am »
Yup .25 6061. It's very brick feeling with the top and bottom plates on it. All I have left is to wire it.


-Kyle

4
Progress Reports / Re: Twisted Sick Robotics
« on: February 09, 2018, 11:21:56 pm »
I have been pretty busy working on the bot over the last week. I squared up all of my frame bits and then located and drilled all of my holes. My pretendo bot was getting pretty strong now. I then shaped the reliefs for the wheels in the outside rails. The drive pods are looking very good and feeling very strong. I also sharpened the axe. I'm pretty much at the point where all I have to do is make the top and bottom plates and wire the thing.




-Kyle

5
Progress Reports / Re: Team Brain Damage
« on: February 08, 2018, 11:26:51 pm »
that frame flex is pretty intense.

-Kyle

6
Progress Reports / Re: Team Brain Damage
« on: February 08, 2018, 09:18:41 am »
Looks like it should work. It will defiantly help you get under opponents.

-Kyle 

7
Progress Reports / Re: Twisted Sick Robotics
« on: February 07, 2018, 11:00:27 am »
it added about 7/16" to the dia of the plastic. it all depends on the tire you pick out though. I wanted yellow though so I just grabbed something cheap off of amazon. the contact adhesive I used is called Dap. I'm not sure how well it will do with the UHMW but I think its the best non specialized option. 

Kyle

8
Progress Reports / Re: Team Cosmos
« on: February 01, 2018, 11:59:57 pm »
looks like the speed controllers are getting better at handling a little thrashing. There are a couple of match-ups that will certainly be interesting for you.

I look forward to seeing it at the event
-Kyle

9
Progress Reports / Re: Twisted Sick Robotics
« on: February 01, 2018, 09:11:46 pm »
Sat down and finished up the wheels today. I used a combination of contact adhesive and screws to attach the rubber. The contact adhesive should help keep the rubber from moving around and opening up holes around the screw heads. Over all i'm pretty pleased but it will come down to performance. With the rubber and sprockets they gained 3.5 oz. not to bad for the size.



-Kyle

10
Progress Reports / Re: Team Brain Damage
« on: January 30, 2018, 10:19:31 pm »
Looks like the drive is being pretty fickle. That's annoying for sure. When it does work, it works great. When it doesn't, nothing is more frustrating.

-Kyle

11
Progress Reports / Re: Team Brain Damage
« on: January 21, 2018, 10:55:49 pm »
I have had some issues with mixing and brushless drive.  For some reason it tends to not get along very well for me. What are your settings for the redbricks?

-Kyle

12
Progress Reports / Re: Twisted Sick Robotics
« on: January 21, 2018, 09:48:07 pm »
I used a lathe. And the boring bar tip is shaped like a triangle.

-Kyle

13
Progress Reports / Re: Team Brain Damage
« on: January 21, 2018, 01:16:10 pm »
I used loctite 609 for retaining my pinions. If you go that route make sure they are where you want them.

-Kyle

14
Progress Reports / Re: Twisted Sick Robotics
« on: January 21, 2018, 01:14:07 pm »
I just used a three point boring bar. It gave a nice large chanfer on the inside corners. I set up my dials so I know what dimensions I am aiming for and just blind bore keeping an eye on my numbers. I would have preferred the do it with the rotary table but the set up time would have taken longer then I wanted

-Kyle

15
Progress Reports / Re: Twisted Sick Robotics
« on: January 19, 2018, 08:54:02 pm »
got my mcmaster order in the other day and started cutting material. I started with roughing out the frame bits of 1/2" UHMW. I then cut out a bunch of blanks for the wheels. I'm trying the bike tread wrap on UHMW rims thing. The blanks are 3" dia and i'm hopping for 3.5" with tread but my yellow tire has not arrived in the mail yet. The rims machined up real easy on the lathe, the inside boring was a little annoying but the finished product looks good and comes it at nice and light 6oz. The last thing I worked on was the main weapon hub. I turned it to size and bored it out for bushings.

I probably won't get to work on anything until this time next week. I'm flying out to Vagas for all of next we for work.

Pictures:




-Kyle

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21